Tuesday 15 March 2016

OUGD402: Self Branding (Tea Cup Logo Development)

One of the short tasks set within this brief was to do the branding for a peer, to set a brief for each other in the hope that this would in some way help out or contribute to their current branding.

Given that up to this point I only had logo, I briefed someone within the studio do their own interpretation of my branding that incorporates the concept of the two letter t's. But rather than a to create a visual that I already had, do a typography based one that could accompany my current logo.


The slogan above '*Because one t just isn't enough' was the result of the task, and I think it worked perfectly with what I already have. It wasn't too overwhelming that it would take away from the logo but noticeable enough to compliment the logo.


I asked for people's thoughts on the combination of the logo and typography and thankfully people understood and appreciated the logo. But one comment was to possibly add colour to the cups as it appeared too much as a frame and not so much a solid tea cup. Hence the addition of the white to allow for the mugs to stand prominent against any background rather than having a transparent logo.


The next thing I wanted to focus on was the shape of the potential business cards etc. I didn't want to go for the conventional square or rectangle shape, instead I wanted to have the shape relevant to me.

Reflecting back upon my previous ideas of self branding, there was a few shapes I'd considered to use already. The middle shape links back to the tech geek side of me by incorporating the diagonal that is often seen within circuit boards. Whereas the hexagon shape on the left is representative of me in the sense that I'm adaptable, given that the shape is much more adaptable than your typical square or rectangle.


So ultimately I ended up going for the hexagon shape as I felt the content of my branding, the logo & type fit much better within there leaving not too much empty space like some of the other shapes did.

No comments:

Post a Comment