Saturday 5 March 2016

OUGD402: Self Branding (Feedback & Idea Development)

After discussing my current ideas with a few other students within my class, I got feedback on them and potentially new ideas to work with also.

One point made was to focus more on this idea of technology being a big part of my life and so to look at the design of my logo and identity and incorporate the shapes and style of particular pieces of tech e.g. a circuit board, microchip etc.



The shape of a circuit board can differ slightly from anything between a complete square or rectangle of combination of the two.

The sharp diagonals of the circuitry within the board is something I wanted to have within my branding as a subtlety that would only be recognised by fellow technology fans or others who know the underlying meaning.




One thing I noticed that could possibly be an extension of the branding is to create a smaller logo that would be recognised as my branding but would be used within smaller and less visible situations. If, for example, on a website my logo was shrunk down to fit at the bottom of the page it may not be legible, but instead the smaller (T)^2 logo above would be used.

I considered maybe trying to incorporate some of the circuitry shapes and lines itself into the individual letters to further add to the idea but when attempted it ruined the original subtlety I was going for and made it too tech based, giving off the impression it was branding for a I.T based company.

Another feedback suggestion was to consider different objects I could potentially send out to studios that would include my branding, to kind of introduce myself to them without me actually being there.

I wanted to consider relevant objects that I could send off and given a large portion of my this current branding idea is based around my glasses, something useful could be a glasses cloth. This would not only be useful for those will glasses, but would also function as a screen cleaner for things such as phones, tablets and laptop screens.

I personally think that sending off something useful and useable for those working within the studio would create a better impression than just a regular letter and would mean they would be constantly reminded of me and my branding every time the cloth would be used.

Mockups of potential cloths:




No comments:

Post a Comment