Thursday 10 March 2016

OUGD402: Creative Advertising Talk

John suggested attending a talk within the lecture theatre that consisted of a few different speakers from the design industry. Most of which were still relatively young yet knowledgeable of the industry given that they'd been in it for 5 years or so plus. Given I had free time to go, it would have been silly not to have attended.

I was not at all disappointed from the talks as they talked a lot about what they'd encountered and struggled with, the same as we currently are through uni.

One that I especially liked was from Ricky Richards who's a creative director from Happy Ending Agency. He was inspirational simply because what he currently does is where I want to be at some point during my career. This is because I much more enjoy the idea and concept generation side of the whole process as opposed to just making things aesthetically pleasing.



A few other points that I took from his presentation was his way of presenting, he made it very personal and funny whilst still retaining that level of professionalism you'd expect from a creative director representing his agency. This is something I'm aiming to do with my presentation given that normally I'm very rigid and maybe a bit too structured with my presentations.



Something he kept mentioning was that not all ideas are good ones and that staying persistent with the brief and continuing to attack it from all angles will ultimately result in a solid enough idea. This was convincing especially coming from someone who's job is now to just constantly produce ideas, he is obviously talking from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment