Wednesday 16 March 2016

OUGD402: Self Branding (Tea bag idea & the making of)

Following on from the idea of sending off to studios useful things with my branding on, I came up with the idea to make tea bags of my own that would go along with the tea coasters.

To do this I could have ordered a set of tea bags online, filled them with my own choice of tea and distributed them. But to save, not only money, but time waiting for the tea bags to be delivered I figured I would use my favourite tea bags (Yorkshire Tea) and tear these apart and reuse them in the shape I wanted, this would also mean the tea would be representative of me given it's a northern tea brand.


Yorkshire Tea Bag
Making Measurements

The idea was to remodel the current tea bag into the shape of my current branding shape which is the hexagon.



Layering on the Fabric Adhesive




Once filled back up with tea, last step was to glue the remaining side shut with an iron.







Two tea bags successfully made

No comments:

Post a Comment