Monday 8 May 2017

Summer plans

This summer is something that I aim to utilise much more than I did last year, with third year fast approaching, soon will come a full time job within the industry and this is something I want to experience long before going into it for real. After having made contact with two industry professionals, so far there has been a discussion of an internship with an old friend of mine at M&C Saatchi Berlin for this summer which could be very beneficial to me. Moving away to another country again, being much more independent and most importantly getting a feel for how the creative process works within the industry.

My own personal design work is something I've always somewhat neglected within my own time, but something I plan to do over summer is to work on a couple of projects that I've had written down for a while that I think could help to build up my portfolio of work. Linked in with this is S.O.D, the exhibitions are taking place over summer which will have both mine and Jon's work within them. There have also been talks of potentially Yann, who runs S.O.D, coming over to LCA to run a workshop on social oriented design to give people more of an insight into how it works and also give people the option to build up a team over here in England. This could ultimately lead onto setting up a S.O.D exhibition over here which would help spread the word of the collective.

Having already decided what I plan to do for my dissertation in third year, this is gonna help to give me a head start on the essay and the large amount of research I aim to do. I plan to take out books for the duration of summer to get a start on looking more into my dissertation question. If I can aim to get a large chunk of my research done then come the start of first semester in third year, it will give me more time to manage other briefs and to work on them alongside CoP which is a big portion of my overall grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment