Wednesday 3 May 2017

Ideas and development for my creative report

Considering the format out of interview is essential as just creating a book for the interview for the sake of it isn't putting it to the best of it's potential. So I thought about other ways I could display the interview, given that he works in an advertising agency, immediately what came to my mind was TV ads, bill boards, social media ads etc. These could all be potential formats in which I could display my interview to give it some more context.

I realised there was probably too much content from the interview to do this as there is almost 1500 words, so I went through and picked out concise, quotable answers in response to my question that I thought could work as individual ads on their own, but that come together as a series of poster ads.

Example of quote ad

Another thought was that considering Tim was an old friend of mine, I thought of incorporating a personal touch to it, something to signify that it was a bit more of a casual chat in a way as opposed to a formal interview. The fact that it was a back and fourth question and answer interview reminded a lot of a texting conversation, I figured this could be the format of interview and could give the text some more context.

Texting conversation ad

When discussing the idea with a couple of classmates they said although the idea works it looks somewhat empty with the majority of the page being blank. A suggestion was to take snippets of a literal text conversation with messages above and below the quotes but maybe blurred out so it doesn't distract from the important message. This would give it much more context but also look a lot more appealing with more blocks of colour introduced to the page.


Putting the whole interview into a text gave it much more context, I blurred out and turned down the opacity on surrounding messages so it didn't take away too much from the important bits of text.








These would be individual posters that could be displayed on bill boards. But for it to make sense I realised they would have follow on from one to the next. To solve this I thought of possibly visualising a route of advertising bill boards in a animation. Possibly taking pictures every couple of steps to create almost like a stop motion video of me walking through the streets and coming across each of these ads on a separate bill board that will make up the full conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment