Friday 11 May 2018

PPP End of Module Evaluation

My personal and professional practice this year has drastically improved compared to past recent years. The complete freedom over our own projects, coupled with the opportunities that have arisen from meeting new people have hugely helped to improve myself as a designer.

Undertaking self-initiated briefs this year have given me the chance to expand my reach to both people and places, working alongside others on projects meant I could learn from different people with a variety of skills. It’s also allowed me to engage with other like-minded individuals that has formed new connections.

Seeking portfolio feedback from a professional recruiter, helped a lot in developing my promotional material to a higher standard that is expected. Creating a CV and digital portfolio that is up to date allows me to more easily and readily apply to internships when they arise.

My branding is one thing that has been neglected up until now. Finally having a brand for myself that can be distributed across platforms and collateral will help me spread my name by networking with people at events, whilst also creating consistency throughout my website and professional documents.

My first professional work experience during April at The Elephant Room gave me a real insight into the working world and my place within it. The studio culture there was engaging and fast-paced, that coupled with the different personalities in there made for an exciting few days.


Getting more involved within social media is also going to be a goal of mine, both Instagram and LinkedIn are extremely useful platforms that serve as a great way to interact, meet and collaborate with people through. LinkedIn especially is great to find out about potential internships or jobs which will prove useful in the coming months and years.

Moving forward from university I plan to stay fully engaged within the professional world, by going to talks, design festivals and going out first hand to meet different studios. This will be kickstarted by a month internship in London at The Elephant Room with Jon. Following on from that we plan to go and explore other countries meeting and working with studios, meeting new people, experiencing new cultures and gaining a better understanding of society as a whole and developing our skills and knowledge all the while.


No comments:

Post a Comment