Saturday 28 April 2018

Developing my personal branding

I wanted my branding to be simple and clear, my name and what it is that I do as a professional. I wouldn't consider myself an eccentric person, hence there being no need for eccentric branding. I feel that for the most part, my name would suffice if done correctly.

Initially choosing a typeface that fits me as a person was difficult. Typically my preferred choices are sans serif for their simple, clean look. Experimenting with upper and lowercase helped me quickly narrow down to lowercase; uppercase feels too loud and obnoxious.



I finally settled on Bio Sans, a typeface that is a smooth combination of structure within the letterforms whilst still possessing a smooth, slightly rounded touch.



When used in italics it makes for a sleek look.


I wanted to focus on the idea of my practice being collaboration focused or at the very least focused on meeting and working alongside other people as this is where I thrive the most.

I initially experimented with the + & signs but felt they were too cliché. Instead, I opted for a more ambiguous underscore which is suggestive of someone or something else to be able to fill the gap.





Example of how the branding could potentially expand into the collaboration space.

I also thought about how typically on old computer the underscore would flash as a suggestion to type something or in other words for something to be put in its place.

I feel like this idea could work as a gif.


No comments:

Post a Comment